Appliance Service Technician
Job Summary – Appliance Service Technician
Appliance Service Technicians at Martin Appliance are experts in appliance product service and repair. They possess in-depth technical knowledge to diagnose, repair, and service various brands of electric and gas appliances in the homes and businesses of our customers. They are the face of Martin Appliance and are expected to conduct business in a professional way that honors our mission and core values.
- Determine material or replacement needs and a logical method for repair; take appropriate action to meet those needs and make repairs.
- Perform in-home diagnostics and repairs of electric and gas appliances.
- Work with internal support to order and track the necessary repair parts, while keeping the customer updated on the status of their repair.
- Addresses customer concerns and educates customers about the product(s) they purchased.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Ability to follow highly complex directions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A professional demeanor and helpful attitude.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a technical position is preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds at times.
- Ability to distinguish various colors of wires and distinguish electronic system sections and wiring.
The successful Appliance Service Team Member will possess a great attitude and a servant’s heart. We believe that the technical aspect of your role is essential; we provide a great deal of onsite training in this area. You will be working with both electric and gas appliances. Your professional demeanor and attitude also play a tremendous part in the fit that you will be on the team. We are looking for a Team Member who can work within the team but also take initiative independent of direct supervision.